Wednesday, December 21, 2011

MAJOR recap

I've missed my blogging! Since I'm not quite ready to give up my Chicago blog, I'll keep going on here for now. We've been quite busy the last week or so, so I'll post some pictures to recap all our fun.

Since my last post, we've had a tacky Christmas sweater party at one of Landon's co-workers house.... (we discovered a new favorite drink here, keep reading to hear about it!)


I did some substitute teaching and received these little gems....



We received an early Christmas gift from Landon's parents.... We had the left half already, but the right half is new and we love it!

Then, we were off to Florida with my parents for another early Christmas gift! We stayed at the same resort we've stayed at quite a few times and we always have such a wonderful time there. It was such a relaxing trip and the weather was wonderful, despite some high winds. The low was 70 degrees and high was right around 80! This trip really confirmed that I'm truly meant to live in a warmer climate :)

We did lots of lounging and relaxing, but we had lots of fun too. We played some shuffleboard, played a round of mini golf, and did lots of walking and lounging on the beach.


Landon even rented a boogie board and rode the (rough) waves for a while.


As I mentioned earlier, we discovered a new favorite drink. It's Pinnacle Whipped Cream Vodka mixed with orange juice and it tastes just like a creamsicle, it is double delish! You most definitely should try it!


After several wonderful days at the beach (and lots of "creamsicles") we topped off our vacation with a wonderful seafood dinner....


.... and one last glimpse of the beach from our balcony.... it sure was hard to leave!


It was a wonderful vacation and the only thing that did make it bearable to leave was knowing we would be home in Texas just a few short days later! Thank you Mom, Dad, Denise & Delbert for our early Christmas gifts - it's been a great December so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment